Check out our latest YouTube video and remember to like, share and subscribe and leave us a comment. We love hearing from you guys.
Deceptions Pass, Washington
While visiting La Conner, WA during the summer of 2018 we took a day trip over and across Deception Pass at Whidbey Island, WA. The views, water, and bridges are simply beautiful. A must visit for any photographer or aspiring videographers like ourselves.
Deception Pass Bridge is the common name for two, two-lane bridges on Washington State Route 20 connecting Whidbey Island to Fidalgo Island in the state of Washington.
We went in early evening in hopes to miss any crowds since this is a very popular tourist place. Deception Pass State Park, one of the most visited Washington state park’s with over two million annual visitors each year.
Be prepared there is a lot of traffic on the road, with sidewalks on either side of the highway you are safe to walk across the bridge. We left Maggie in the car since it was cool out, so she wouldn’t get spooked with the traffic.
- Height from water to roadway: about 180 feet. Depending on the tides
- Roadway: two 11-foot lanes, one in each direction
- Sidewalks: 3-foot-wide sidewalk on each side
- Width of bridge deck: 28 feet
- Total length: 1,487 feet (more than a quarter mile)
- Deception Pass: two 175-foot ) cantilever spans, one 200-foot suspended span, and four concrete T-beam approach spans
- Vehicle crossings: 20,000 per day on average
Comment below and let us know which Pacific Northwest destination is a favorite of yours. We have photos in our Photo Gallery of our visit to Deceptions Pass. Be sure to check them out!
*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.